What is a Heat Pump?

A heat pump is a device that uses a small amount of energy to move heat from one location to another.

What are the benefits?

The use of heat pumps minimises the amount of systems you need as they don’t just heat, they also cool. They are of high efficiency which is down to the system simply transferring heat rather than burning fuel to create it. Up to 75% of the energy heat pumps use is extracted from the environment leaving the heating systems up to 400% efficient.

Which heat pumps do we use?

We specialise in air source heat pumps which are usually placed outside at the side or back of a property. Air source heat pumps absorb heat from the outside air and transform it to heat or cool a property.

Samsung

The Samsung EHS (eco heating system) range of air source heat pumps is   a well-established product using a technology you know and trust from a brand   you know.  The Monobloc systems are ideally suited to contractors from   the heating industry needing only a heating engineer and an electrician to   install them. This highly versatile range of units is simple to install and   operate and its flexibility is legendary. This system can be used as a   standalone heating system serving radiators and under floor heating or a   combination of both.In older properties there is a growing interest in Hybrid heating   systems these reuse all the existing pipework, radiators and, where present,   hot water cylinders. The heat pump compliments the existing heating system   providing up to 75% of the heating with the existing heating operating   for the other 25% of the time.The Samsung range of units come with very simple to follow   installation and operation manuals making life easy on site and for the end   users. The technical assistance for the units is second to none with all   technical data and manuals available online, a you tube channel dedicated to   the operation of the units and a friendly telephone technical service.Warranties are a standard 3 years for accredited installers with the   option to extend to 7 years